Cingal is an approved combination viscosupplement to treat osteoarthritis
CINGAL is the first and only approved combination viscosupplement formulated to provide the benefit of a cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HA) and a fast acting steroid to effectively treat the symptoms associated with osteoarthritis (OA).
CINGAL is a powerful, first-in-class treatment that combines the benefits of Anika’s proprietary cross-linked hyaluronic acid formulation of MONOVISC®, proven to deliver up to 6 months of relief of the symptoms of OA, with a well-established FDA-approved steroid to treat inflammation and provide additional short-term pain relief.1
CINGAL is Anika Therapeutics’ third-generation viscosupplementation product, adding to the Company’s strong product portfolio for the treatment of joint pain associated with OA.1 CINGAL extends the benefits of Anika’s proprietary HA formulation to a broader range of patients across the spectrum of osteoarthritis management.
How does Cingal work?
Cingal is a viscous (thick) is for intra-articular injection, as a sterile mixture of hyaluronan with a steroid. The hyaluronan is highly purified and made from bacterial fermentation. Hyaluronan is a natural chemical found in the body. High amounts of hyaluronan are found in the joint tissues and in the fluid that fills the joints. The body’s own hyaluronan acts as a lubricant and a shock absorber in the joint. It is needed for the joint to work properly.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x 5ml : Cross linked Sodium Hyaluronate 88mg
- Triamcinolone Hexacetonide 18mg
What are the benefits of Cingal?
Sodium Hyaluronate’s essential properties can:
- Perform shock absorbency properties within the synovial joint
- Lubricate the synovial compartment
How can Cingal help?
With osteoarthritis, there is not always sufficient natural hyaluronan in the joint area, and the quality of that hyaluronan may be poorer than normal. Cingal supplements hyaluronan to the knee joint, whilst also using steroid, triamcinolone hexacetonide, to provide short-term and long-lasting pain relief by reducing inflammation, while the hyaluronan component provides long-lasting pain relief. Cingal is given in a single shot (injection) directly into the joint of the knee.
Avoid Cingal if you:
- are allergic to hyaluronan products or to preparations containing triamcinolone hexacetonide.
- have any known allergies. You should consult your healthcare professional to determine if you are able to receive a CingalTM injection.
The CINGAL Advantage
In its pivotal clinical study, CINGAL has demonstrated an ability to provide fast and long-lasting pain relief for those affected by knee OA.1
- Steroid provides fast short-term pain relief within days of injection1
- HA viscosupplement provides long lasting pain relief, which may last through 6 months1
- Convenient single-injection treatment
- Highly concentrated, non-animal based HA
- Strong safety profile in both an initial injection as well as a repeat injection1,2
CINGAL® is the first and only approved combination viscosupplement formulated to provide the benefit of a cross-linked hyaluronic acid and a fast acting steroid.
CINGAL® is a novel combination HA plus steroid single-injection treatment for the pain associated with osteoarthritis. CINGAL® combines the high molecular weight cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HA) formulation of MONOVISC® with a corticosteroid for additional short-term pain relief.
CINGAL® is indicated as a viscoelastic supplement or a replacement for synovial fluid in human joints. CINGAL® is well suited for rapid and long term relief of the symptoms of human joint dysfunctions such as osteoarthritis.